TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms and conditions apply to the use of our website and by accessing this website and/or using the Services you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access the website. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions, please email or call us at email@example.com or 02037717667
- Parties to the agreement
This Agreement is made between us, GotBox22 Limited (a company registered in England under number 09360066 with its registered office at 207 REGENT STREET
3RD FLOOR LONDON ENGLAND W1B 3HH(GOTBOX22), and you, the person who wishes to use the Service and who enters into this Agreement by accepting these Terms of Service.
By using the Website and/ or Services you agree that:
- you have read the terms and conditions set out in this document and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions;
- you are over 18 years of age.
- Use of our Website
- You are provided with access to the Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
- The Website is provided solely for the use of current and potential GotBox22 customers to interact with GotBox22 and may not be used by any other person or entity or for any other purpose. Use of the Website to provide information or services to third parties is expressly prohibited.
- You must not access the Website or use GotBox22’s Services for any reason or in any way that is fraudulent or unlawful or that has the effect of being fraudulent or unlawful whether intended or not
- You must not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Service or any network connected to the Service, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Service or any network connected to the Service.
- Terms of Service
- In order to use the Services, you must make your registration via the Website.
- GotBox22 may refuse or may cease to provide the Service where GotBox22 considers that it is or may be used in breach of these Terms of Service, or for any unlawful or improper purpose or for any other reason.
- GotBox22 may change these Terms of Service from time to time. GotBox22 will notify you of any changes by posting them on our Website or through other visible means of providing notice. Any changes to the Terms of Service will come into force on the date stated in the notice which shall not be less than fourteen days from when notice is given. If you use the Service after changes to the Terms of Service have come into effect, you will be taken to have agreed to the changes. If you do not agree to the changes, then you may terminate this Agreement under this clause.
- Access to your premises/ Responsibilities
- It is your responsibility to ensure that GotBox22 or any third party acting on its behalf has such access as may reasonably be required to carry out collections and deliveries as required under the Services. It is a condition that:
- all collections and deliveries can conveniently be carried out by means of adequate staircases, lifts, elevators and doorways;
- Boxes and Goods are available for collection on the ground floor and will be delivered back to the ground floor;
- There is a suitable and practicable access route and approach for a vehicle to the door of the premises to and from which Boxes are to be collected or delivered;
- parking facilities are available (where necessary) for collections and deliveries;
- You, or someone over the age of 18 and authorised by you, is present for deliveries and collections of Boxes.
- If such conditions are not fulfilled we may decline to proceed with your business.
- Goods/Goods Storage
- You declare that all Goods and Boxes entrusted to or handled or stored by GotBox22 or on their behalf are either your own unencumbered property, or that you have full and absolute authority of all persons owning or interested in the Goods and Boxes for GotBox22 to handle and / or store. You agree to indemnify GotBox22 against any claims charges costs and demands made against or incurred by GotBox22 on any breach of this condition.
- Boxes must not weigh more than 24kg and any box over 14kg should be clearly marked as heavy. GotBox22’s storage boxes dimensions are large 46 x 46 x 46 CM
- Where possible, all Goods must be packed in Boxes supplied by GotBox22. Any containers which you provide for items too large to fit into GotBox22’s boxes must be in good condition and of sufficient strength and quality so as to be suitable for storage of the Goods. Storage of Goods not packed in GotBox22’s boxes is at your own risk.
- GotBox22, or its delivery partner, may refuse to collect any Storage Box supplied by you or re-deliver, at your cost, any Storage Box supplied by you, if it considers that the Storage Box does not comply with the requirements in clause 5B or that the Goods have not been securely packed
- To make certain that goods have been securely packed into Storage Boxes or are otherwise suitably prepared for transport so as not to cause damage or injury or the likelihood of damage or injury to GotBox22’s property, employees, agents, contractors or other goods, whether by spreading of damp, infestation, leakage or the escape of fumes or substances or otherwise.
- Prohibited Items
- Boxes and Goods must not include and you must not store any of the following in the Storage Boxes:
- A Illegal or stolen items;
- Any plant or creature whether living or dead, Perishable items;
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition, explosives or the components thereof;
- flammables of any kind (petrol, diesel, oil, paint, cleaning solvents etc);
- Any items that emit fumes or an odour of any kind;
- Any item of high value or requiring specialist storage including without limitation fine wines, antiques, jewellery, bonds, securities, stamps, fine art or bullion;
- Any item which may detrimentally affect anything outside of your box such as other users’ Boxes or Goods or the storage facility.
- You agree that by entrusting your Goods into storage with GotBox22, upon collection of your Goods GotBox22 is the legal custodian of your Goods until such time as the Goods are returned to you at an address designated by you
- GotBox22 or anyone relevant authority acting on GotBox22’s behalf may at any time with notifying you open your Boxes to access your Goods: if legally required to do so by police, fire services, local authority or by court order or if GotBox22 reasonably believes the Boxes or Goods contain any of the prohibited items listed in the clause
- Charges and Payment
Your payment would normally be due on a monthly basis or for a specified minimum period of months chosen by you, up to a maximum of 12 months.
You shall pay to GotBox22’s charges for the Service as follows:
- Where you sign up to the Service on a rolling month by month basis, you shall pay GotBox22’s standard rates for the time being in force as detailed on the Site; or
- Where you sign up for a specified minimum period of months, you shall pay GotBox22’s set monthly charge as notified to you.
- Where you sign up to the Service for a specified minimum period of months, GotBox22 will email you at your specified email address 15 days before the minimum period expires, and you will have the option to extend the Service for a further chosen specified period of months. If you do not choose to extend the Service, you shall either: terminate the Agreement in accordance with our clause or be deemed to sign up to the Service on a rolling month by month basis and shall pay GotBox22’s monthly charges for the Service rendered.
- GotBox22’s charges are payable by credit card, debit card or Paypal in advance as follows: charges for the first month’s storage, whether the Storage Boxes are provided by you or by GotBox22, and any charges for a higher level of insurance cover which you choose to purchase will be payable when you place an order on the Site;
- Charges for subsequent months storage, and any charges for a higher level of insurance cover which you choose to purchase, will be payable monthly on the same date that your Storage Boxes are collected from your specified collection address for transit to our Warehouse;
- Charges for storage, and any charges for a higher level of insurance cover which you choose to purchase for the month in which GotBox22 returns the Storage Boxes to you will be payable in full when you arrange for your Storage Boxes to be returned;
- If you add additional Storage Boxes to those already in storage at GotBox22’s storage facility: the agreed charges for the Storage Boxes already in storage will continue to apply to those Storage Boxes; and the monthly charges for storage, and any charges for a higher level of insurance cover which you choose to purchase whilst charges may apply to have the boxes collected from your residence
- If payment of the storage charges and any other amounts payable are not received by the due date, GotBox22 may (without prejudice to any other right or remedy, including the right to withhold or dispose of the Goods under clause 10B) charge interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 5% per annum above the base lending rate of LLOYDS plc from time to time.
- GotBox22 may review the monthly charges from time to time. If GotBox22 increases the standard monthly rates for the charges: For all new orders, the new standard rates will take immediate effect;
- For existing customers who signed up to the Service on a rolling month by month basis, the new standard rates will be notified to you by email to your specified email address not less than 14 days in advance of your following monthly bill, and shall come into effect from the next billing cycle. If you do not agree to the increased charges you may terminate your Agreement in accordance with clause 3C; and for existing customers who signed up to the Service for a specified minimum period of months, the new standard rates will not affect the applicable charges specified to you when you placed the order on the Site.
- Collections and Deliveries
- Delivery/ collection days and times will be as specified on the Website at the time of booking and will be made to the address specified by you when you place the order on the Website. We reserve the right to restrict deliveries or collections in certain areas, and this includes the right to eliminate certain areas from our delivery or collection schedule altogether.
- It is our aim that deliveries and collections are as convenient as possible for you and as such we offer specific delivery/ collection slots. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to ensure that an appropriate person is available at the delivery/ collection address at all times during the delivery/ collection slot. We may ask that an appropriate person signs for the Goods on delivery/ collection. If no one is at the address when the delivery/ collection is attempted we will leave notification and will telephone to attempt to rearrange the delivery/ collection. Such ‘missed deliveries/ collections’ may result in an administrative charge of not less than £20
- Please note that delivery / collection times are estimates only and adverse weather conditions, road traffic conditions or other events outside of our reasonable control may result in the occasional late or cancelled delivery / collection. If that is the case we will endeavour to contact you as soon as we are able to in order to reschedule your delivery time and date. In any event, GotBox22 shall not be liable for any delay in or cancellation of delivery or collection.
- Charges may apply If delivery, collection or return of the Storage Boxes takes over one hour to complete from arrival at your address through no fault of GotBox22’s carrier; or GotBox22 has to deliver or collect Storage Boxes from above the first floor without being able to use a lift.
GotBox22 will not be responsible for: dismantling or assembling any unit, system or furniture (including flat pack); disconnecting, reconnecting, dismantling or reassembling appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment; or packing Goods into Storage Boxes.
- GotBox22 will insure each Storage Box up to a maximum of £75 to cover:
- Transporting of the Storage Boxes to GotBox22’s storage facility;
- Storage of the Storage Box at GotBox22’s storage facility; and
- Returning each Storage Box to your specified return address.
- GotBox22 does not currently insure fragile items, including but not limited to: glassware, crockery, televisions, light bulbs, printers, scanners, musical instruments, etc.
- Right to Withhold or Dispose of Goods
The terms of this Condition are additional to and without prejudice to all or any rights we may have at common law or otherwise.
In the event that you do not pay the charges or any other payments due under this Agreement we are relieved of any duty whatsoever arising in respect of the Goods and you authorise us: to withhold the Goods and to refuse you and your agents access to the Goods; to access the Boxes and inspect and remove the Goods; or to hold onto and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the Goods;
- GotBox22 will give you at least 15 days’ notice by email requiring you to pay all amounts due and or arrange delivery to you of your Boxes. In the event that you have not paid all amounts due on expiration of this notice period, GotBox22 may without any further notice, sell the Goods via licensed bailiffs and pass all ownership to them and use the proceeds of sale to pay ﬁrst GotBox22’s administrative charge, secondly the costs incurred by us and thirdly in paying amounts due to us from you and to hold any excess for you. Interest will not accrue to you on the excess;
- If the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge all or any part of the costs of sale incurred by us and the outstanding charges you must pay any balance outstanding to us within 14 days of a written demand from us, which will set out the balance remaining due to us after the net proceeds of sale have been credited to you.
- If the Goods cannot reasonably and economically be sold (for any reason whatsoever) or they remain unsold despite our efforts, you authorise us to treat them as abandoned by you and to destroy or otherwise dispose of them at your cost.
- You will be responsible for all storage charges and our reasonable costs incurred in administering the debt collection and sale process described in this condition.
- Your Right to Cancel
You have the right to change your mind and cancel this Agreement within 7 working days of making this Agreement. If you wish to cancel within the 7 working days you must notify GotBox22. However, if you request collection of your Storage Boxes on a date which is before this cancellation period expires, then the Service will have commenced on that date and you shall then no longer have the right of cancellation.
- Limitation of Liability
GotBox22 shall not in any event be responsible or liable for any loss or damage to the Goods that does not arise as a direct consequence of any breach of this Agreement by GotBox22 or any deliberate or negligent act or omission on the part of GotBox22 or its contractors or for any lost revenues, profits, business, anticipated savings, data, or damage to any computer systems.
- We recommend that you arrange appropriate insurance for your Goods. You acknowledge that GotBox22 is unaware of the contents of Boxes or the type or value of Goods to be stored.
- It is your responsibility to check returned Goods for loss or damage. You must notify GotBox22 of any such loss within 48 hours of delivery.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that Goods are appropriately protected and packed in the Boxes.
- Where you have provided Boxes, it is your responsibility to check that these Boxes are of suitable condition and quality to store the Goods.
- For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by requesting the return of Your Boxes through our Website and paying any outstanding charges.
- GotBox22 may discontinue, suspend or modify the Website at any time without notice.
- Upon termination for any reason, you must contact GotBox22 to arrange for return of your Boxes. If you do not contact GotBox22 within 15 days of termination, we may dispose of the Goods in accordance with clause 7H.
- Force Majeure
Force majeure means that we will not be liable or responsible (and so will not pay you compensation) for any loss or damage to the Goods or any failure to perform Services due in any way because of unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include for example, war, threat of war, terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority, non-performance or delay by suppliers or sub-contractors, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather, sea and ice conditions.
- Any customer feedback should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where you supply any feedback, you agree and acknowledge that GotBox22 shall not have any confidentiality obligations in relation to such feedback and may incorporate into the Website or Service any suggestions, requests or other feedback provided by you.
- This Agreement constitutes the whole agreement and understanding between you and GotBox22 relating to the Service provided.
- You acknowledge and agree that, in entering into this Agreement, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently made or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms of Service.
- The failure of GotBox22 to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement is governed by English Law and both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.