Storage Packing Tips
- Use right size boxes: Put heavy items, like books, in small boxes; light items, like linens and pillows, in bigger ones.
- Put heavier items on the bottoms of boxes, lighter items on top.
- Don’t leave empty spaces in the boxes: Fill in gaps with clothing, towels, or packing paper.
- Label each box with a description of its contents.
- Tape boxes well: Use a couple of pieces of tape to close the bottom and top seams.
- Bundle breakables: As you pack your dishes, put packing paper around each one, then wrap bundles of five or six together with more paper. Pack dishes on their sides, never flat. And use plenty of bunched-up paper as padding above and below. Cups and bowls can be placed inside one another, with paper in between, and wrapped three or four in a bundle. Pack them all in dish-barrel boxes.
- Consider other items that will need special treatment: TVs require special care. If you don’t have the original box. Your TV can be ruined if not packed properly. If you’re packing yourself, double-box the TV, have it firmly wrapped or ask your Gotbox22 storage team for advice.
- You can also purchase your boxes and packaging materials from www.gotbox22.co.uk/product